No method of hair removal including Wax, Razor, and Thread is pleasant. It’s the results that make it worth the sacrifice for men and women. In an attempt to end these “torture sessions” came laser hair removal. It can be painful to an extent, but at least it eliminates hair almost permanently.
Simply put, you don’t have to bear it time and again.
What is it?
Laser hair removal is a technique that uses laser light directly at the root of the hair. It causes destruction of the hair follicle. Laser is considered perfect for the treatment, because of its wavelength. Laser has a preference for melanin pigment.It darkens the fabric which will trouble the whites and blondes. Nevertheless, they work so well for Singaporeans who have black hair.
Disclaimer: Although long lasting, laser hair removal from Only Aesthetics is not exactly ‘permanent’. Some hair may be reborn after a few years.
Details about the procedure
The procedure should be done by a specialist (physiotherapist, beautician or dermatologist) in an authorized medical facility. Thespecialist and the customer should wear safety glasses to prevent laser damage to the eyes. Moreover, there are different types of lasers that have different number of sessions and pain sensation. The application is made with a laser hair removal device whose emission occurs through a specific tip.
Possessions, you may experience burning and discreet peeling of the skin. But,there are no major consequences. Creams or ointments are prescribed to relieve the discomfort.After the procedure, it is recommended to avoid usage of deodorants, creams and perfumes, especially those containing alcohol content.
Does laser hair removal hurt?
Laser hair removal is not completely painless, but its discomfort is bearable and transient. Things can be done to ease pain during treatment, such as applying ice, topical anesthetic and more. The most sensitive areas at the face require special attention. Above all, the procedure is safe without any serious side effects. Moreover, we consult with your doctor or physician before carrying out the procedure.
There a certain sets of pros and cons to laser hair treatment.
- The laser hair removal treatment is long lasting. It drastically cuts down hair growth. You can reach to a point, where you never have to shave again.
- This procedure can be done anywhere on the body. The machine covers larger areas faster. From legs to back to face to underarms, there are no limitations for laser hair removal.
- In regards to pain levels, laser removal is somewhere in the middle of shaving and waxing. Ice is used to numb the area prior to treatment. As treatment continues, it gets progressively less painful.
- Laser hair removal is an elongated process. However, we tend to do it safely quicker. A session only lasts a few minutes. But, it takes multiple sessions for complete removal.
- If done by untrained technicians, the treatment can cause scars or burns. You need to choose the best of facilities, where technicians are certified to do the procedure.