Table of Contents
About Lovell Federal Health Care Center
The Lovell Federal Healthcare Technique offers you with exceptional health treatment, trains America’s upcoming health and fitness treatment suppliers, and conducts important clinical study.
The Captain James A. Lovell Federal Wellness Treatment Center (FHCC) is a 1st-of-its-variety partnership in between the U. S. Office of Veterans Affairs and the Division of Defense (DoD), integrating all health-related treatment into a federal overall health treatment facility with a single blended VA and Navy mission.
Lovell FHCC is located in North Chicago, Illinois, and was recognized on Oct. 1, 2010 when the former North Chicago VA Clinical Center (VAMC) and the former Naval Wellbeing Clinic Great Lakes (NHCGL) merged their resources and products and services. A combined mission of the well being treatment center signifies energetic obligation military services, their spouse and children associates, armed forces retirees and veterans are all cared for at the facility. The middle cares for almost 75,000 individuals for every yr, together with an believed 40,000 Navy recruits who get ready for armed forces service at Recruit Teaching Command at Naval Station Good Lakes.
In 2019, the means of Lovell FHCC that present health-related treatment and help for Division of Defense beneficiaries have been aligned beneath the administration oversight of the Protection Wellbeing Agency. Though DHA is liable for wellness treatment delivery and company operations, Navy Medicine retains theory accountability for operational readiness of the Navy and Marine Corps. To complement the transition, Navy Medication established the co-found Navy Drugs Readiness and Teaching Command Great Lakes, to which all armed service staff of Lovell FHCC are assigned.
Our mission is achieved at three key locations:
We offer a full spectrum of wellness care for our patients, including complete clinical and surgical treatment, a significant array of medical sub-specialties (cardiology, pulmonary, neurology, etc,), a wide variety of mental wellness services (acute and lengthy-term care, write-up-traumatic tension dysfunction, homeless domiciliary care, alcohol/drug rehab, etcetera.), Community Residing Centre, as perfectly as lots of other systems, at our campus in North Chicago, Illinois.
At our four department health care clinics on Naval Station Fantastic Lakes, we serve U.S. Navy army customers and recruits:
USS Osborne (Bldg. 1017)
USS Tranquillity (Bldg. 1007)
USS Purple Rover (Bldg. 1523)
Fisher Clinic (Bldg. 237)
Health treatment and products and services
We supply you with health care services at 4 places serving northeastern Illinois and southeastern Wisconsin. Our primary clinic is at the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Wellness Care Middle at the Excellent Lakes Naval Station in North Chicago. We also have 3 group-primarily based outpatient clinics in Evanston and McHenry, Illinois, and Kenosha, Wisconsin. To study a lot more about the companies each individual area delivers, check out the Lovell Federal well being care health expert services web site.
The Captain James A. Lovell Federal Wellness Care Heart is a initial-of-its-kind partnership in between the VA and the Department of Defense, integrating all health-related care into a federal overall health care facility with a single mixed VA and Navy mission.
Lovell Federal well being care is just one of the leading health and fitness care methods serving Veterans in the VA Terrific Lakes Network. We’re an ground breaking care middle within the Veterans Built-in Assistance Network 12 (VISN 12). VISN 12 incorporates health care facilities and clinics in Wisconsin, Illinois, northwestern Indiana, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Study and advancement
At Lovell Federal overall health care, we conduct study to find awareness, acquire VA researchers and wellbeing treatment leaders, and create innovations that progress wellbeing treatment for Veterans and the nation. We present Veterans the option to take part in and benefit from our operate. Our target is to use investigation to market better wellness and overall health care for all.
Our analysis plan has 75 investigators functioning on about 45 ongoing investigate initiatives. Major investigation places involve:
- Molecular biology
- Material abuse
- Spinal wire injuries
- Speech pathology
- Growing older
- Pulmonary disorders
- Health and fitness care outcomes
- Infectious disorders
- Psychiatric diseases
- Rehabilitation drugs
- Behavioral sciences
Teaching and finding out
Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health and fitness Treatment Heart is a teaching clinic that provides a complete array of overall health companies for Veterans, with point out-of-the-art technology as well as education and learning and study.
Our key educational affiliation is with Rosalind Franklin University of Drugs, which is following to our clinic at the Great Lakes Naval Station in North Chicago.
We supply internships and residencies in all key healthcare specialties and subspecialties. We also supply related training in overall health treatment fields like overall health products and services administration, audiology and speech pathology, biomedical engineering, dental aiding, medical technological know-how, pharmacy, nursing, bodily treatment, podiatry, psychology, and social perform. We train a lot more than 400 people, interns, and learners just about every calendar year.
We’re proud of our partnerships with prime establishments and businesses that aid the instructional mission of the VA.
- Our healthcare facility is named in honor of retired American astronaut James A. Lovell. Lovell orbited the moon two times, as soon as as command module pilot of Apollo 8 in 1968, and yet again as commander of the 1970 Apollo 13 lunar mission. He also served as an aviator in the Navy and graduated from the Naval Academy in 1952.
- Our healthcare facility has 199 operational beds, 195 nursing house treatment beds, and 149 residential treatment method beds for psychological well being treatment, compound abuse treatment, and homelessness.
- Our neighborhood-primarily based outpatient clinic in Fantastic Lakes is named in honor of philanthropists Zachary and Elizabeth Fisher. Zachary Fisher, who was unable to provide in Entire world War II for the reason that of a leg damage, supported the armed service with development management and fiscal contributions. The Fishers launched the Fisher House Basis in 1990, which presents consolation housing for people of hospitalized Veterans and military services staff.
- Our USS Osborne dental clinic is named in honor of Lt. j.g. Weeden E. Osborne, a Navy dentist who was killed in Environment War I. Osborne gained the Medal of Honor posthumously, the highest American armed service decoration.
- USS Purple Rover is named in honor of the Navy steamer commissioned all through the Civil War from 1962 to 1965. She was a hospital ship for the Mississippi Squadron, transporting health care supplies, nurses, and people along the western rivers of the US.
Accreditations and achievements
Our facilities and packages have gained accreditation from the:
- Joint Commission
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)